Invisalign is one of the most widely used orthodontic appliances. It is a set of custom-fabricated transparent aligners that fix crooked and misaligned teeth. The aligner trays snugly fit over the upper and lower dental arches like mouthguards and slowly and steadily move the teeth to their ideal position.
Invisalign has revolutionized teeth-straightening and allows you to get the picture-perfect smile without the hassle of wires and metal brackets. We at Damen Dental Associates will not only help you with your Invisalign braces but will also help you understand your treatment and educate you on all the factors that you should be aware of beforehand.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
- You are never too old for Invisalign.
- Invisalign treatment is fast and efficient. It can treat crowding, crookedness, and malocclusion in just six months. The severe cases require 12-18 months.
- Invisalign aligners are removable in nature and you can remove them while brushing, flossing and eating. This saves you from the hassle of worrying about food being stuck to your aligners.
- While playing outdoor games, you don't have to worry about metal brackets and wires puncturing your lips and cheeks on an injury.
- Complex orthodontic problems can also be treated by combining Invisalign treatment with brackets bands and buttons. Invisalign clear aligners allow you to go through the orthodontic treatment without hampering the aesthetics of your mouth.
What happens during an Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment involves the following steps:
- Consultation phase Your doctor will examine your mouth for decays and periodontal diseases. If you are in sound oral fitness, your dentist will continue to conclude whether Invisalign clear aligners are the correct orthodontic treatment for you or not.
- Digital prints Your dentist will produce digital prints of your mouth, obtaining the bite, alignment, and gaps between your teeth.
- Virtual treatment plan The digital prints are sent to a dental laboratory where software is used to devise a treatment plan for you. The software ascertains the correct measure of the force needed to move the teeth into their right position.
- Approval of the treatment plan If your dentist is satisfied with the outcome displayed in the treatment plan, Invisalign clear aligners will be custom fabricated.
- Your Invisalign aligners Invisalign comprises a set of many aligners that are custom-fabricated to gradually and gently shift the teeth into their correct position. Every two weeks you are supposed to wear a new set of Invisalign aligners. Invisalign aligners are to be worn for 20-22 hours every day.
- Regular follow-ups Visit your dentist for regular follow-ups every six weeks to monitor your progress and get the required adjustments.
Our team at Damen Dental Associates specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of a variety of dental ailments. This includes dental exams, professional dental cleanings, root canal treatments or cosmetic enhancements like teeth whitening, Botox treatment, and teeth contouring. We also utilize the latest technology like digital X-rays to devise the best treatment plan for you. If you are looking for a smile makeover or full mouth reconstruction, visit Damen Dental Associates for the best dental experience.