Botox or botulinum toxin comes from bacteria that cause botulism. Botulinum toxin is extremely toxic but when used in moderation has numerous applications. Botox treatment utilizes diluted botulinum toxin to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It is, in fact, the most common non-surgical cosmetic procedure.
Wrinkles and fines develop due to constant muscle contraction and relaxation. Botulinum toxin prevents nerve activity and blocks muscle contraction, thereby removing fine lines, bunny lines, smile lines, crow's feet, and wrinkles from the aesthetic regions.
Are you an eligible candidate to receive Botox treatment?
Determining your eligibility to receive a cosmetic treatment is extremely important. It will help you achieve the best results by avoiding some possible side effects and reducing risks. You must:
- Be in good overall health with no ongoing skin infections in the areas to receive the Botox treatment.
- Not be on blood thinning or anti-inflammatory medication for at least 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Not be allergic to any ingredients present in Botox cosmetics like Myobloc, Xeomin or Dysport.
- Not be suffering from any disease that affects the muscle or nerve activity like ALS, Myasthenia Gravis or Lamber-Eaton syndrome.
- Not have breathing problems, bleeding issues or weakened forehead muscles.
How is the Botox treatment performed?
A Botox treatment can be performed in four simple steps.
- First, the concentration of botulinum toxin is regulated by diluting it in a saline solution.
- The area to receive Botox treatment is cleaned using an antiseptic.
- Then, topical anesthesia is applied to the areas that require Botox treatment. Topical anesthetics lower the discomfort level and dull the sensation.
- Next, the diluted botulinum toxin, using a fine needle, is injected straight into the neuromuscular tissue of the desired area, where it blocks nerve impulses to produce a smoother and youthful look.
You can observe the full effect of the Botox treatment in 24-72 hours.
Our team at Damen Dental Associates specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of a variety of dental ailments. This includes dental exams, professional dental cleanings, root canal treatments or cosmetic enhancements like teeth whitening, Botox treatment, and teeth contouring. We also utilize the latest technology like digital X-rays to devise the best treatment plan for you. If you are looking for a smile makeover or full mouth reconstruction, visit Damen Dental Associatesl for the best dental experience.