As the COVID-19 restrictions on dental offices have been lifted, we are scheduling appointments for elective procedures in addition to emergencies.
Please know that we are doing everything possible to ensure the safety of our patients and employees. We have, of course, always adhered strictly to the Universal Precautions guidelines set by the CDC and OSHA. Now, however, we've decided to go beyond these requirements and invest in additional infection-control precautions, including the following:
- Installing ultra-low energy plasma technology air filtration units, commonly used in hospital operating rooms, for the entire office and UVC light/HEPA filter air purification units in each dental treatment room. The Novaerus Protect 800/900 unit can safely and effectively reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, etc. It is designed for continuous air disinfection and odor control.
- Implementing extraoral dental suction units that utilize HEPA filters and UV light to minimize potentially dangerous aerosols and keep the air quality safe throughout the office;
- Disinfecting the entire facility on a daily basis using an ultra-low volume fogger with an EPA-Registered Broad Spectrum Disinfectant.
- The field of infection control is evolving rapidly; as guidelines are revised, rest assured that we will continue to upgrade to incorporate all new recommended measures as quickly as possible.
We are asking you to please adhere to the following precautions when coming for an appointment:
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you are feeling sick, have had any of the following symptoms in the past two weeks ( fever, chills, cough repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, fatigue, loss of taste or smell) or have been exposed to someone with COVID 19.
- Please wear a mask/face covering upon arrival.
- You will be asked to fill out a screening questionnaire upon your arrival.
- We will have a hand sanitizer for your use upon entering the office.
- Unless you are accompanied by a parent/guardian or a caretaker, we ask that you arrive alone. Please try your best to arrive on time for your appointment.
- We have removed all magazines and communal refreshments for the waiting area. Bottle water will be available. Children's treasure chest giveaways will be pre-packaged.
- We will try to keep your wait time to a minimum. Please maintain a safe distance of 6 feet while waiting. If you prefer to wait in your car, please let us know when you have arrived, and we will text/call you when your treatment room is available.
- The number of patients in the office will be limited with extended time between appointments to support patient distancing and allowing extra time for air filtration and disinfection.
- Your temperature will be taken before your treatment and will be asking you to rinse several times throughout the appointment with an antiseptic rinse.
- All team members' temperature and oxygen levels will be taken daily, and they will be asked to stay home if not feeling well.
- Our employees have been trained on the latest practices for minimizing the transmission of the COVID-19 virus and will be wearing additional PPE.
We look forward to serving you in our new state-of-the-art facility and providing you with the top-quality care that you have come to expect from us.